How often you should go for dental check-ups will vary from patient to patient. Some people may need a dental check-up every six months, others may not need to visit us so often. In some instances more frequent checks may be required once a patient is undergoing a program of treatment.
Garden Square Dental can suggest when you should have your next dental check-up based on the state of your oral health.
The time between check-ups can vary from three months to two years depending on how healthy your teeth and gums are.
Why do I need a dental check up?
A check-up allows your dentist to see if you have any problems. Sometimes you may not feel any discomfort or pain but may still have dental issues. Regular check-ups will help keep your mouth healthy and pain free. Studies have shown untreated tooth decay and gum disease can lead to other health issues like type II diabetes and heart disease. At Garden Square we believe it is best to treat any problems as soon as possible, to prevent needless future pain and expense.
What happens during a dental check up?
At each check-up, your dentist will:
- Examine your mouth, gums and teeth.
- Inquire about your general health and any dental problems you’ve had since your last visit.
- Give you advice on, your diet, smoking and alcohol use, and how you might improve your teeth-cleaning regime.
- Arrange a date for your next visit, if further dental work is required.
- Arrange an appointment with a hygienist if required.
Remember if you refer a friend or family member you will automatically earn a free check up worth £50 (X-rays not included) at the next scheduled visit. This particular offer cannot be applied to any of our other services