Dental implants are the modern way of replacing lost or missing teeth. Essentially they are titanium screws which are fixed into the jawbone. After a healing period of around six months, the implant is ready to accept a custom-made crown giving the patient a fully functioning and long lasting, natural looking tooth.
Dental implants may be used to replace individual teeth, multiple teeth, or all your teeth in one or both arches. Surgery is often straightforward under local anaesthetic or sedation but will require a specific treatment plan.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Implants are fixed in place and look and perform almost like natural teeth
- Implants fit precisely without slipping or the need for adhesives
- Implants preserve facial features and restore a natural smile
- Implants avoid damage to surrounding healthy teeth
- Implants prevent loss of bone in the area of the missing teeth
- Implants improve your appearance and allow you to eat the foods you choose without worry
- Implant treatment can with care, last a lifetime
Dental Implant FAQ’s
As in any oral surgical procedure, there is a degree of discomfort. However many patients tell us that they were surprised at how minimal and short the duration of discomfort was.
Implants need to be brushed and flossed just like natural teeth. As with natural teeth, you will need to visit your dentist and hygienist periodically for review and maintenance.
Success rates can vary, depending on where in the jaw the implants are placed. Generally, providing the oral hygiene is maintained, dental implants have a success rate of up to 98%, and with good care can last a lifetime.
Please contact us using this form