We can also offer hypnosis for phobic patients who may have suffered previous bad experiences which prevent them from accessing the dental care they need. Hypnosis in the clinical setting is an incredibly powerful tool which is very effective at working towards rationalising irrational fears. Treatment usually involves three sessions including an initial consultation where a full history of the problem is taken in order to tailor-make the subsequent sessions. Hypnosis can be used for a variety of dental complaints including needle phobia, bruxism (tooth grinding), and hypersensitive gag-reflex.
Benefits of Hypnotherapy
- Learn to feel relaxed and confident in the dentists chair.
- Eliminate dental anxiety and nervousness. No longer will you be scared to visit your dentist regularly.
- Overcome lifelong fears and phobias of dental treatments.
- Control gag reflex, salivation and teeth grinding more easily.
- Can be used in conjunction with other forms of intravenous or oral sedation.