SmileTRU Clear Aligners
SmileTRU Clear Aligners are ideal for patients who require a discreet, cosmetic solution so they can look great whilst they are straightening their teeth.
Information about SmileTRU Clear Aligners
- The SmileTRU aligners are ultra thin and almost invisible.
- The aligners look like transparent plastic retainers.
- They are comfortable, unobtrusive and do not affect speech.
- The aligners are removed for eating and for convenience public speaking or that night out.
- There are no metal wires or brackets.
- You can eat, drink, brush and floss normally whilst you are having treatment.
- They can be used to treat mild crowding and slight rotations of the front teeth.
- SmileTRU clear aligners are manufactured using the very latest in digital production methods and additive layer manufacturing devices (3D printers).
SmileTRU Clear Aligners FAQs
Based on accurate impressions of your teeth and using digital software, we can predict how many aligners you will require and how long it should take to straighten your teeth.
A set of SmileTru clear aligners are custom made to fit your teeth.
Each aligner works by applying a gentle force to gradually move the teeth.
Each aligner needs to be worn for 20 hours per day, for two weeks.
By the end of the two weeks, you will no longer feel pressure within the aligner, allowing you to move on to the next aligner.
This step by step approach allows your teeth to gently move into the correct position safely and with minimal discomfort.
It can take as little as 1 to 2 months for simple cases using 2 to 3 aligners.
More complex cases can take greater than 4 months. Our dentist will be able advise you on how long to expect your treatment to last.
Both upper and lower teeth can be straightened at the same time.