Are You A Nervous Patient?
Some people will avoid visiting their dentist for check-ups or other necessary dental work. This is because of previous bad experiences, or the fear that they may feel pain during dental treatment. If you are a nervous patient or are scared of visiting the dentist, fear not, we can help you.
At Garden Square Dental our team are specially trained to deal with nervous patients. Our leading specialist in the field Dr Amer Saeed is qualified in Conscious Sedation, Clinical Hypnosis and is a licensed Dental Homeopathy Practitioner. Dr Saeed can use a variety of techniques including acupuncture to make you feel comfortable and relaxed during your visits to us.
Dr Saeed has compiled a list of helpful hints for nervous patients or anyone worried about a trip to the dentist.
Dr Saeed’s Top Tips For Nervous Patients
1. Have a chat with your dentist about your fears. It’s good to talk. Your dentist will be able to explain what will happen during your treatment.
2. Consider CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) We find CBT often helps to change a patients mindset.
3. Try to practice Yoga or Pilates and try breathing exercises to learn how to relax.
4. Use natural therapies such as homoeopathy and acupuncture to alleviate your anxiety
5. Plan for the use of sedatives to help with emergency treatments.
6. Boost your confidence with hypnotherapy sessions.
Anxious Patients Visiting Garden Square Dental.
Our team can use some different techniques to treat nervous patients; For patients suffering from severe dental anxiety, Garden Square Dental are fully equipped to offer Conscious Sedation.
Click here for further information